The “Company” warrants the product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of at minimum 1 year or 100.000 km (whichever comes first) from the date of purchase at a distributor. This unless a different warranty period is set out on the web shop of the company. See below for details.
Warranty Period – Original Purchase Customer:
- MaxPro Floor Mats and Cargo Tray’s – Lifetime Warranty
- Maxliner Bedliner – Lifetime Warranty
- Maxover Fender Flares – 2 Year Warranty
- Maxside Box – Limited Lifetime Warranty. Lock 3 years warranty
- Maxtail Gate Lift – 2 Year Warranty Max Sports Bar, Roll Bar & Rock Rail – 2 years Warranty Max Side Mouldings – 2 years Warranty
- Max Stylish Bar – 2 year Warranty
- Maxrail – 2 Year Warranty
- Maxtop – 2 years Canopy and Paint – 1 Year all other parts excluding “Canopy Glass”Maxcover – 2 years Cover and Paint – 1 Year all other parts
- All other products not specifically mentioned in the list above and spare parts carry the general 1-year Warranty term.
Limited Lifetime Warranty:
Some of our product groups carry a so-called Limited Lifetime Warranty Cover. This warranty is valid to the original purchaser only and is not transferable. This Warranty Guarantees that the product will not break, tear or deform under normal usage during the life of the original vehicle of installation.
Exclusions (our warranty does not cover):
- Normal wear and tear
- Fitting of the Product other than in accordance with the Product Instructions and all relevant vehicle safety and compliance laws, including incorrect fitting
- Using the Product other than for the purpose for which it was originally designed or other than in accordance with the and all relevant vehicle safety and compliance laws, including unusual, improper or negligent use or misuse or overloading.
- Misuse or neglect of the Product, including improper repair or maintenance or failing to repair and maintain in accordance with the product maintenance schedule,
- Reasonable assessment if the claim is resulting an accident or damaged buy a third-party product that’s installed,
- Alteration, abuse, acts of nature, vandalism, collision, road hazards or adverse conditions,
- The Product has been loaded with weight in excess of the product specifications,
- Intentional damage or damage caused by an outside force such as for example an animal chewing on the product or the product being damaged while not installed in the vehicle does not qualify for Warranty consideration.
- Formal or informal competitive events, such as racing, rallying, hill climbing, speed trials or similar activities
- Using the Product in underground mining or other highly corrosive environments.
- All glass fitted to Canopies is not covered in any circumstances.
- Proof of purchase is a condition for a warranty request, requested within the warranty period and must be accompanied by any one of the following documents:
- Register receipt
- Online Tax Invoice (order confirmations will not be accepted)
- Financial statements such as a bank statement, credit card statement
- The warranty cover is applicable on all parts excluding labour charges and out of pocket expenses.
- Prior to commence the correction/repair a warranty acceptance has to be obtained (via a claim number provided by the company, which includes a summary of therepair needed) in order to send in successfully a financial compensation.
- If required needed spare parts can be send free of charge
- All warranty work is normally carried out at official Maxliner Australia fitting centres of the company or the company address and out of pocket expenses incurred in returning the vehicle to and from that location are also excluded.
- Due to the nature of the Australian climate. The company cannot be held responsible for any corrosion of chromium plated or decolourization of polished alloy surfaces.
- Warranty claims will only be dealt with by email. Please email and attach to this email any photos that may be relevant to your claim. We will then contact you by emailwithin 7 days.
- The Company’s warranty is non-transferable in any circumstances. The warranty is issued and valid only to the original purchaser which is either the person or company named on the original purchase invoice.
- A copy of the invoice will be required when making any claim together with any serial number associated with the part or goods which the company supplied new at the date of purchase. The invoice date will be the start date of the warranty.
Warranty – Australian Consumer Law
- As a consumer, you are entitled to certain guarantees in respect of goods and services purchased from Maxliner Australia. These guarantees are called Consumer Guarantees and are not impacted by the change of mind policy or limited by a defined timeframe. The Australian Consumer Law, however does recognise that the relevant time period may vary by product (or service) depending on the nature of the goods (or service), the price paid and any representations made about the goods (or service).
- This warranty is in addition to any rights which you may have under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) which cannot be excluded by agreement.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Whilst we work closely with many partners and vehicle manufacturers to ensure the best possible colour match on our products, please be aware that a vast number of variations affect the finish. These variations can occur whether the top is ordered in directly from the factory or sprayed by an in-house paint shop.
- A number of vehicles are often produced in more than one country using different formulas making an exact match 100% of the time on every colour code impossible.
- Other factors such as paint fade formula variance and the texture and material of the product can also affect the colour. For these reasons we cannot guarantee a perfectmatch on all tops, but assure you that we put every effort in to updating our formulas and finding the best possible variant on each make and model.
- Please note that due to the nature of the products we supply, we cannot guarantee that every product will be 100% waterproof regardless of pricing.
- These are effectively bolt on accessories and whilst we take steps to greatly reduce water ingress it is not always possible.
- If goods are damaged in transit this must be recorded in writing with photos at the time of receipt and forwarded to the company with in 24hrs of receipt of goods.
- We cannot accept responsibility for damaged goods if the delivery note is signed and recorded as ‘Received in good condition’.
- The goods are insured against damage in transit by Insurers appointed by the company for the benefit of the buyer of the goods.
- Any claim, under any circumstances, submitted against these goods which have been purchased by the buyer is subject to a mandatory excess charge of $500 regardless of the claim value.
- If goods are found to be faulty or incomplete this needs to be recorded with 3 days of their receipt.
- We have to adopt this policy in order for us to claim for damages against our insurers.
Returns / Cancellations / Refunds
Our policy including the change of mind limits do not exclude or replace your rights under Consumer Guarantees of the Australian Consumer Law, regulations or otherwise as required by law.
With regards to money back guarantee for goods returned within14 days of purchase or delivery receipt date, this is subject to the following conditions only:
- Excludes specially order goods i.e. Goods specifically ordered in a colour that is nota normal stock item.
- All goods must be returned to the Company in the original packaging and undamaged. If the goods are found to be defective then they will not be accepted for a refund either partially or in full.
- Goods will not be accepted if they have been fitted or altered in any way.
- All delivery and insurance costs when returning goods to the company are the sole responsibility of the distributor unless a written confirmation from the company has been issued to state otherwise.
- Any goods ordered online, by telephone or in writing and prepaid in advance can only be cancelled at the sole discretion of the company but in any event are subject to a
- 25% cancellation fee to cover administration cost etc.
- Goods that have been prepaid online and subsequently cancelled, that have been factory ordered i.e. not a stock item at the time of ordering are not eligible for a refund.